Campsite Valkanela is located in Istria – between Vrsar and Funtana, in a tranquil cove with a beautiful, 3 km long beach and opposite to the islands surrounding Vrsar. The beach has been awarded an international ‘Blue Flag’ award and contains a part dedicated a safe zone for children and a part adapted to people with special needs.
Campsite Valkanela is one of the most spacious campsites in Western Istria with many restaurants and beach bars. It offers plenty of sports and recreational activities and caters for children of all ages. We emphasize that our rating of this campsite is *** plus.
- Grill Smrikva
- Pizzeria Kantineta
- Adria snack
- Cafe bar
- 2 Blue bars
- Cocktail bar
- Fresh corner
- beach bar
- morning and daytime sports activities
- daytime and evening entertainment activities for all age groups
- mini club (4-11 years) every day for 2 hours in the morning and afternoon
- kids evening program
- hobby workshops
- dance school
- teenager program
- a wide range of sports activities (sports competitions, zumba, aerobic, aquaerobic etc.)
- evening entertainment activities including live music, various shows and parties
- aquapark on the sea
- open air children playgrounds
- pool billiard
- video games
- 2 supermarkets
- newsstand and a souvenir shop
- dance terrace
- children playgrounds
- BBQ area
- boat hoist
- boat track
- small port facility
- WIFI – free!
- children playground
Camp sports offer (included in price)
- 2 tennis courts
- table tennis
Camp sports offer (not included in price)
- pedal boast rental
- kayak rental
- boat rental(boat license required)
- windsurfing school
- diving school
- 3km long beach
- paved, rocky and pebbly beaches
- safe beach for children
- main beach access adapted to people with special needs
- beach for dogs (next to marina)
- deckchair and parasol rental
- beach awarded a ‘Blue Flag’ label
- aquapark on the sea
- NEW IN 2016! swimming pool!
Campsite Valkanela is located in Istria, 2 km north of Vrsar – picturesque fishing town surrounded by around twenty islands.
The Vrsar area has the most indented coastline in Istria, with many bays, islets and crystal clear sea which makes it one of the most desired nautical destinations. Vrsar is also very well known to all those who enjoy camping thanks to Koversada – one of the largest and best known naturist camps in Europe. Vrsar is only 10km away from Poreč and about 30 km from Rovinj, a well-known tourist destination with many historical sites and cultural and sports activities to offer.
Lim channel – one of the most beautiful natural sights in Istria, a 10 km long bay which resembles a fjord so well it even served as a filming location for ”The Vikings” is also situated close to Vrsar.
Many excursion boats are available to take you to area around Vrsar, including such scenic places like Rovinj, Lim channel as well as offering activities such as trawl fishing.